We can best illustrate this with an extract from our Constitution.
To further and encourage participation in and enjoyment of the model making and operating hobbies, particularly but not exclusively, railway modelling by:-
* Organising model exhibitions in the South of England
* Facilitating exhibitions organised by other clubs and associations with similar aims
* Involving local people.
* To foster good relations with trade suppliers and other organisations for the benefit of members.
* To affiliate to whatever Societies or Clubs or Organisations the Club feel relevant within the scope of these objectives.
* To support or organise any other activity which in the opinion of the Committee is likely to further any of these objectives.
* To support charitable institutions as agreed by the committee.
* To publicise and promote the work.
* Take any other action that is lawful, which would help it to fulfil its aims.